MuleSoft Accelerator for Healthcare enables healthcare providers to unlock critical patient data to build a patient 360, faster and easier than ever before. The solution includes pre-built APIs, connectors, integration templates, and a prescriptive end-to-end reference architecture to bring patient demographics information and COVID-19 test results from any EHR into any application, such as Salesforce Health Cloud, using HL7 V2 or FHIR standards.
The solution also provides a library of United States Core Data for Interoperability (USCDI) and FHIR R4 resources to help healthcare developers adhere to interoperability needs and jumpstart the development of healthcare digital transformation initiatives.
How do I use this page?
You can view and download the following assets on this page:
- Patient 360 assets — Includes two options (HL7 v2 and FHIR R4) for unlocking patient and COVID-19 test results from an EHR and making them available in Salesforce Health Cloud. Available to download as an implementation template and/or RAML file.
- FHIR R4 Assets — Includes links to additional use-case agnostic assets (resources, libraries, and APIs), as well as an API Policy that you can use to format error messages in an FHIR-compliant format.
- CalREDIE asset — You can use the The Electronic Laboratory Reporting (ELR) to CalREDIE asset to help you transmit laboratory reports that identify a notifiable condition to public health agencies.
To access the following links, you must log into Anypoint Platform.
Patient 360 assets: Connecting EHRs with applications (such as Salesforce Health Cloud)
While Health Cloud is used as an example, the assets below can be modified to be used with other applications.
- FHIR R4 US Core Patient API | RAML | Implementation Template
- FHIR R4 US Core AllergyIntolerance API | RAML | Implementation Template
- FHIR R4 US Core Condition API | RAML | Implementation Template
- FHIR R4 US Core Observation API | RAML | Implementation Template
FHIR R4 Assets: Use case agnostic
- FHIR R4 US Core Profile Assets
- FHIR R4 Resources List
- FHIR Error API Policy — captures error responses and formats them in an FHIR OperationOutcome-compliant format, since Anypoint Platform's out-of-the-box (OOTB) policies do not provide error messages in an FHIR-compliant format. This policy can also be used with other OOTB API policies provided in Anypoint Platform, such as OAuth or JWT.
Electronic Laboratory Reporting to CalREDIE asset
Electronic Laboratory Reporting is the electronic transmission of laboratory reports that identify a notifiable condition from laboratories to public health. The California Reportable Disease Information Exchange - Electronic Lab Reporting (CalREDIE ELR) allows laboratories to comply with California public health disease reporting requirements through an automated, secure process.
See the following page to learn more about this MuleSoft Accelerator for Healthcare component:
Give the assets a try and if you have any questions or feedback, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also engage with other users on the MuleSoft Forum, and submit ideas in the Ideas Portal. We look forward to hearing from you!