Accelerator for Healthcare
Legislative, market, and technology trends have created a digital transformation imperative in healthcare. Accelerator for Healthcare includes pre-built APIs and a prescriptive architecture to help health IT teams jumpstart the development of common healthcare applications, and provides a foundation for 3x faster project delivery.
- Support for core business processes: Healthcare processes, like patient onboarding, appointment scheduling, and patient 360 viewing require real-time integration across EHRs, CRMs, and other core systems of record. MuleSoft’s Accelerator for Healthcare provides a set of connectivity assets that deliver on these use cases.
- Microservices architecture best practice: Accelerator for Healthcare provides a prescriptive architecture drawn from our work with industry leaders that promotes asset self-service and reuse.
- Packaged API designs and implementations: Leveraging HL7 FHIR standards, MuleSoft has built out a set of API definitions and packaged implementations, including HL7 v2 to FHIR mappings
API-Led Microservices Architecture for Healthcare
In addition to providing pre-built APIs, Accelerator for Healthcare includes a model for API-led connectivity in healthcare that promotes asset reuse and self-service. In the architecture that follows, we’ve abstracted data from complex EHR systems like Epic into a canonical model that is represented via a set of FHIR REST APIs. Then, we built experience APIs that provide better experiences for both patients and clinicians.
System APIs abstract away the complexity of EHRs and other core systems of record from the data’s end user, while providing downstream insulation from any interface changes or rationalization of those systems.
- CRM FHIR System API | Salesforce Implementation Template
- CRM FHIR System API | RAML Definition
- EHR FHIR System API | EHR Implementation Template
- EHR FHIR System API | RAML Definition
- Fitness FHIR System API | Fitbit Implementation Template
- Fitness FHIR System API | RAML Definition
Process APIs decouple business processes that interact with and shape data from the source systems where the data originated. For example, the “schedule appointment” process contains logic that is common across multiple entities, which can be called by product, geography, or channel-specific parent services.
- Onboarding Process API | Implementation Template
- Appointments Process API | Implementation Template
- Appointments Process API | RAML Specification
- EHR to CRM Sync Process API | Implementation Template
- Fitness Data Sync Process API | Implementation Template
- HL7 Event Handler | Implementation Template
Experience APIs are the means by which data can be reconfigured so that it is most easily consumed by its intended audience, all from a common data source, rather than setting up separate point-to-point integrations.
- Web Portal Experience API | Implementation Template
- Web Portal Experience API | RAML Specification
- Salesforce Experience API | Implementation Template
Give it a try and if you have any questions or feedback, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.