Salesforce Health Cloud - Enabling Person Accounts
There are different ways to represent patients in Health Cloud. This template requires that the patients in Health Cloud are represented as Person Accounts.
Following are the general steps to achieve this. Please consult with your Salesforce representative for additional information.
- Ask your Salesforce representative to make Person Accounts available in your organization.
- From Setup, enter Custom Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Custom Settings.
- In the list of custom settings, click Manage next to the Use Person Accounts custom settings.
- Click Edit next to Use Person Account.
- Select Enable. After person accounts are enabled, assign them to profiles. Please refer to the attached document for the detailed explanation of representing patients in Health Cloud.
Salesforce Connected App
This accelerator uses MuleSoft's Salesforce Composite Connector to perform atomic upserts to multiple Salesforce objects in a single transaction. It requires a 'Connected App' in Salesforce. Please refer to the instructions in Salesforce docs to create a Connected App.
Please refer to the instructions in Salesforce docs to create a connected app.
Enable Read/Write permissions for Salesforce Objects
Spring 2021 or later versions of Health Cloud Data Model Contact Object's few fields need read/write permissions enabled. The process to enable the access is:
- Login to org --> Setup --> Profiles --> System Admin --> Object settings
- Choose the object to be edited for enabling field's read/write access
- Identify the field to be edited and check the boxes for Read and Write access
Login -->Setup --> Profiles --> Object Setting --> Contact --> Edit --> Check the Edit and Read Access
HL7 Connector - Configuration for custom segments
This accelerator uses MuleSoft's HL7 Connector. If you're required to use custom segments for a specific message structure, please follow the following instructions.
- HL7 schema definitions are distributed inside the hl7-schemas-4.1.1.jar file, embedded inside the HL7 Connector package. Copy the following files to a folder inside src/main/resources location.
- Message structure schema file - e.g. ADT_A31.esl
- Base definitions file - basedefs.esl
- Event message map file - event-message.yaml
- Modify the message structure schema file (e.g. ADT_A31.esl) to include your custom segment (or modify an existing segment to fit your needs).
- Modify the basedefs.esl file to include the changes for segment definitions.
The implementation template for storing ADT messages in Salesforce Health Cloud shows an example of custom segment processing. Please check the src/main/resources/config/hl7/v2_2 folder in the implementation template. This folder has necessary changes required to process a custom segment ‘ZG1’.
For additional details on HL7 Connector, please refer to the documentation.
Maven POM parent
In addition to some global settings and repository references, the Maven POM parent config also defines the versions of all MuleSoft connectors and modules used by applications.
See the customizations guide to make changes to the POM parent file.