MuleSoft Accelerator for Healthcare enables healthcare providers to unlock critical patient data to build a patient 360 within Salesforce Health Cloud, faster and easier than ever before. The solution includes pre-built APIs, connectors, integration templates, and a prescriptive end-to-end reference architecture to bring patient demographics information and COVID-19 test results from any EHR into Health Cloud using HL7 V2 or FHIR standards.
The solution also provides a library of United States Core Data for Interoperability (USCDI) and FHIR R4 resources to help healthcare developers adhere to interoperability needs and jumpstart the development of healthcare digital transformation initiatives.
How do I use this page?
The following use cases are described on this page:
- Patient 360 assets — Includes two options (HL7 v2 and FHIR R4) for unlocking patient and COVID-19 test results from an EHR and making them available in Salesforce Health Cloud. Available to download as an implementation template and/or API specification file.
- CMS Interoperability assets — Includes assets to help you meet CMS Interoperability and Patient Access final rule.
- Using the CalREDIE asset — You can use the The Electronic Laboratory Reporting (ELR) to CalREDIE asset to help you transmit laboratory reports that identify a notifiable condition to public health agencies.
The following use-case agnostic assets are also described:
FHIR R4 assets — Includes links to additional use-case agnostic assets (resources, libraries, and APIs), as well as an API Policy that you can use to format error messages in an FHIR-compliant format. See the FHIR R4 assets tab for more information.
To access the following links, you must log into Anypoint Platform.
Use case one: Patient 360 assets
Connects EHRs with applications (such as Salesforce Health Cloud)
While Health Cloud is used as an example, the assets below can be modified to be used with other applications.
|Patient 360 using HL7||Patient 360 using FHIR R4|
Use case two: CMS Interoperability assets
Finalizes new policies that give patients access to their health information and moves the healthcare system toward greater interoperability
- Provider Directory API | API spec | Implementation Template
- Formulary API | API spec | Implementation Template
- Patient Access API – Coming soon!
Use case three: Use the CalREDIE asset to submit lab reports to meet state requirements
Electronic Laboratory Reporting is the electronic transmission of laboratory reports that identify a notifiable condition from laboratories to public health. The California Reportable Disease Information Exchange - Electronic Lab Reporting (CalREDIE ELR) allows laboratories to comply with California public health disease reporting requirements through an automated, secure process.
See the following page to learn more about this MuleSoft Accelerator for Healthcare component:
FHIR R4 Assets (use-case agnostic)
See the FHIR R4 assets tab for more information.
Give the assets a try and if you have any questions or feedback, please let us know at email@example.com. You can also engage with other users on the MuleSoft Forum, and submit ideas in the Ideas Portal. We look forward to hearing from you!