What is Nexmo?
Nexmo lets you send notifications to users via SMS, MMS, WhatsApp Business, Facebook Messenger, and Viber. This template uses the Nexmo connector to send notifications in these different formats.
Who is this template for?
This template is great for customer service and engineering teams. These teams may want the flexibility to choose how they can reach customers in order to create the best customer experience.
What this template does
This template implements an API that listens for a single POST method. The user who calls this API can send a message along with a notification method: SMS, MMS, WhatsApp Business, Facebook Messenger, or Viper. Based on the user’s choice, the appropriate type of message will be sent to the user, using the NexMo API.
- To learn more about the Nexmo Connector, click here.
- To learn more about this template and how to implement a connected messaging strategy with Nexmo and MuleSoft, see this webinar.
What you need
- A Nexmo account. Get your trial account at www.nexmo.com.
How to set it up
- Import the template.
- Authenticate into Nexmo.
- Learn about how to format calls to this API to send different types of messages by reading Nexmo's API documentation.
- Send messages via WhatsApp and Viber. To do this, you must obtain special account permissions. Learn more here.