This template shows how to automate the order-to-cash process. When opportunities are marked “Closed Won” in Salesforce, retrieve product information from an internal database, place orders via an Order API, and message the customer with information about that order.
This template will connect:
- Salesforce Sales Cloud, which stores opportunity information
- A MySQL database, which stores product information and SKUs
- An Order API, which can be used to place orders in an ERP system and return tracking information and order ETA, and
- Twilio, used for notifying the customer that the order was placed via SMS.
Take the trail
- See the Trailhead course to learn how to build this flow from scratch and to learn more about the use case. This template shows the “solution” that results from that course.
What you need
- A Salesforce account. Obtain a free account here.
- A Twilio account. Obtain a free trial account here.
How you set it up
- Import the template.
- Log in to your Salesforce account.
- Log in to your Twilio account and add your phone number used with Twilio.
- Log in to your mySQL database or connect to a demo database with the credentials in step 4-7 here.
- Customize the SMS message and product information.