>Omaha - Full Service Credit
Proposed workflow for Building a New Card on the Omaha Platform for Full-Service Credit
- /omaha/new-account.create – Required
- /omaha/external-status - Optional
- /omaha/reset-travel-strategy - Optional but highly recommended
- /omaha/card-activation - Optional
- /omaha/memo - Optional
- /key-wrap.get – Required
- /omaha/dci-cvv.get - Required
- /omaha/pin-offset - Optional
Proposed Sample Steps
- Request to order a new plastic for a new card account. PAN expiration date must be included in the New Account API to allow for real time calculation of the CVV value.
- If your Financial Institution PCF (Product Control File) settings are configured to create new accounts with an external status of "A" by default, you will want to update the external status to remove "A" block to allow your members to make a e-commerce purchases.
- Place the card in FI “Home” Travel Strategy: This is an optional but highly recommended step by the Fraud team for added protection for the card's digital usage while the plastic card is being shipped.
- If the Financial Institution PCF (Product Control File) settings are configured to create a new account activated by default, you will want to deactivate the PAN. E-commerce purchases will still be allowed until the card is activated via normal channels.
- Optional - Memo for Audit.
- The Encryption key needs to be sent by the client in order to receive securely wrapped key credentials.
- DCI API Request: Obtain and return CVV and Expiration Date. Add Memo for the Card Management System.
- Optional - PIN Change
The Cardholder receives the plastic card ordered in step #1 by mail.