Please review the use cases described on the MuleSoft Accelerator for Retail solution pages for more information about dependencies on other APIs and services.
Creating Custom Fields in Salesforce Org
These instructions assume an Org was created in Salesforce with access to Account and Contact object.
1) Click on Salesforce Setup icon and select 'Developer Console' -> It will open a new console window 2) Go to File -> New -> Apex class and create a new apex class 3) Copy the code from "/src/test/scripts/MetadataUtility.apxc" to the above apex class and save 4) Go to Debug -> Open Execute Anonymous Window. Execute the scripts one by one from '/src/test/scripts/CreateCustomField.txt' 5) The service account user profile configured in "accelerator-salesforce-customers-sys-api" should have access to the custom fields created using above steps.
Adding MailingAddress to Person Account Details page in Salesforce Org
The following instructions assume you have already Salesforce Org created and PersonAccount is enabled. Perform the following actions to enable MailingAddress on PersonAccount detail page.
1) Open the Salesforce SetUp -> Object Manager -> Search for 'PersonAccount' and Select 2) From the menu on the left Click on 'Page Layouts' -> Select the Page layout that is assigned to the user profile logged in 3) Click on 'Fields' tab on the palatte and it shows all the available fields 4) Search for 'MailingAddress'. Drag from the palette and drop it in the 'Address Information' section of the layout and click on 'Save'
Creating Contacts that aren't associated with an Account
These instructions assume an Org was created in Salesforce with access to Contact object.
1) From the object management settings for contacts, go to Page Layouts.
2) Select the layout you want to edit.
3) Find the 'Account Name' field on the layout and hover over it. Then, click the wrench icon to show the field properties.
4) Deselect the Required checkbox and confirm your changes.
Refer to the Deployment page for instructions on how to configure and deploy this application.