New Zealand Post offers a network of locations to provide receivers with a convenient alternative to receiving parcels to home or work. Using the CollectionAddress API, merchant's customers will be able to choose to have their parcels delivered directly to one of our many collection locations nationwide.
The CollectionAddress API is used to provide the locations that a Merchant’s customers can have their parcels delivered to instead of the customer’s address. This API works in conjunction with the ParcelAddress API to find the customer’s location. Once the location has been confirmed, the CollectionAddress API makes recommendations for nearby collection locations based on the customer’s location.
The process diagram below shows a basic overview of how this process works.
NOTE: When generating your own label, you will need to include “COLLECTION” in the destination address
Step 1 – Validate the customer’s address/location via the ParcelAddress API to obtain an Address ID
Step 2 – Using the Address ID, make a request to the CollectionAddress API to find nearby locations that the customer can collect their parcel from
The following restrictions apply to using the Collection service:
· Parcel Carrier – Courier Post, New Zealand Post (tracked items only), No Pace items
· Maximum Parcel Size – 50cm x 40cm x 30 cm
· Maximum Parcel Weight – 15kgs
· Product restrictions – No Dangerous goods, perishable, prohibited or restricted items (e.g. Alcohol or Tobacco)
· No untracked items
In order for you to gain access to the CollectionAddress API, you and your organisation must meet the following pre-requisites:
- Your organisation must have an active NZ Post or CourierPost account number.
- You must be registered with the Developer Portal. You can register here by completing the registration form. The email address you provide on the registration form will be your Developer Portal username.
- You must have reviewed and accepted the Terms and Conditions for use of the NZ Post Group APIs.
- You must have requested, and received access to the CollectionAddress API.
- You must use address_id to obtain the address details and collection location from the CollectionAddress API.
- Your label generation process must be able to include “COLLECTION” at the front of the address. This will ensure that the parcel is held as a collection item, rather than mail intended for the delivery location. (Merchants using ParcelLabel API will automatically create these labels with collection tags)
- Your system must be sending manifest data for customer’s parcels to ensure efficient delivery to the correct location.
For developer integration enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Support is available during New Zealand business hours.