ServiceNow setup guide
The following describes how to make required configurations in order to send updates from ServiceNow to Service Cloud.
Here's how it works:
- A business rule is created on the Incident object to trigger an outbound REST Message call during the incident update operation.
- As of now, any updates to the Incident Object is captured by the business rule and the business rule invokes the outbound REST Message to send updates to Service Cloud by invoking the Mule API.
- The outbound REST Message is configured with the Mule Experience API endpoint and HTTP Patch Method with body and headers.
The business rule then invokes the outbound REST Message component which does the HTTP Patch Call to the Mule API.
To import ServiceNow configurations:
- Log into ServiceNow Instance.
- Navigate to the 'Incidents' Tab.
- Click on any column header and then click Import XML.
- To create the custom field
sys\__dictionary\__8c12fdb7db10001073a38a18489619c6.xml. This XML file contains configurations required for importing and creating the custom field.
- To create the business rule, use
sys\__script\__759c4ab7db50001073a38a1848961988.xml. This XML file contains configurations required for importing and creating the required business rule.
- Update the HostName in
sys\__rest\__message\__fn\__15407137db10001073a38a184896196e.xml in field rest\__endpoint. These XML files contain the configuration required for importing and creating the outbound REST message. Replace application host name of Experience API in these XML files to point to the required environment.
- To create the REST message configuration, import
sys\__rest\__message\__449fa137db10001073a38a18489619b9.xmlfirst and then import
sys\__rest\__message\__fn\__15407137db10001073a38a184896196e.xml. These XML files contain outbound REST message body configurations.
sys\__rest\__message\__headers\__11376b90db60001073a38a18489619ab.xmlto import http headers. This XML contains the outbound REST message.
- Upload the file and then click Submit.
- Repeat the steps for all the files.
- Skip uploading the file, if it's already imported.
- Verify the import by checking the creation of the custom field, business rule, and REST message.
- Add the following fields to the ServiceNow Incident Form page by configuring the form design: